Posted on February 2, 2010
“Lifestyle changes can help you control and prevent high blood pressure – even if you’re taking blood pressure medication.”
I know I’ve talked about this before about a thousand times, but it’s still important. You can do something about high blood pressure. You can start right here and right now (don’t have high BP? Send this to those you know with high BP):
1. Eat healthier foods. Try the DASH eating plan.
2. Decrease salt intake. Here’s a thought… vegetables (and everything else) don’t need tons of salt and butter to taste good.
3. Maintain a healthy weight.
4. Physical activity. More of it. Find something you enjoy doing.
5. Manage stress in your life. I don’t know how you want to do this one, but you’ve gotta do it. Read a book, put cucumbers on your eyes and relax, deep breathing, etc.
These tips and more found at .
Pass this on.
High blood pressure or not, we could all probably do better with these things.
Other Posts You Might Like: